June 11, 2012

Cover Coveting(7)

Trying out a new format for CC, I thought it might be nicer if you could see the previous cover before the unveiling of the new one.


Devil’s Gate by Thea Harrison

Previous book(s) in series:

True Colors (Elder Races #3.5)Natural Evil (Elder Races, #4.5)


devils-gate Series: Elder Races (I focused on the short Story covers here.)

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Source: Wicked Scribes

Shera’s thoughts:

Finally another one with his shirt on!! Yes. To be honest I don’t like the way the Medusa is shown on the cover. It would be nice if the females got some decent representation on these covers.

 

For the Love of the Goblin Warrior by Shona Husk

Previous book(s) in series:

The Summons: A Goblin King Prequel (Shadowlands, #0.5)The Goblin King (Shadowlands, #1)Kiss of the Goblin Prince (Shadowlands, #2)


for-the-love-of-a-goblin-warrior Series: Shadowlands, Book 3

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Source: Wicked Scribes

Shera’s thoughts:

I’m hoping the cover I found is just poor quality, but other than that I likey!!

The bow is so cool!! Tell me when is the last time you’ve seen a book outside of Epic Fantasy with one!

Plus, the shadowlands look epic!

Prince of Power by Elisabeth Staab

Previous book(s) in series:
King of Darkness (Chronicles of Yavn #1)

prince-of-power Series: Chronicles of Yvann, Book 2

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Source: Wicked Scribes

Shera’s thoughts:

That bite mark on his neck is so subtle that it just gives me goose bumps!

I don’t like that the tattoo is covered, it’s too hard to see.

Magic Gone Wild by Judi Fennel

Previous book(s) in series:

I Dream of Genies (Bottled Magic, #1)Genie Knows Best (Bottled Magic, #2)


magic-gone-wild Series: Bottled Magic, Book 1

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Source: Wicked Scribes

Shera’s thoughts:

The girl looks so sexy, but the man standing behind her looks copied and pasty. Like the cover would be just fine with out him.

Let’s get some couple interaction!

Deliver Me From Temptation by Tes Hilaire

Previous book(s) in series:

Deliver Me from Darkness (Paladin Warriors, #1)


deliver-me-from-temptation Series: Paladin Warriors, Book 2

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Source: Wicked Scribes

Shera’s thoughts:

Ah, I don’t hate it but I don’t like it either. If I saw it on a shelf I wouldn’t grab it because it doesn’t trigger anything for me.

Wildcat by Cheryl Brooks

Previous book(s) in series:

Slave (Cat Star Chronicles, #1)Warrior (Cat Star Chronicles, #2)Rogue (Cat Star Chronicles, #3)Outcast (Cat Star Chronicles, #4)Fugitive (Cat Star Chronicles, #5)Hero (Cat Star Chronicles, #6)Virgin (Cat Star Chronicles, #7)Stud (Cat Star Chronicles, #8)


wildcat Series: Cat Star Chronicles, Book 9 

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Source: Wicked Scribes

Shera’s thoughts:

This cover does not stand out to me.

Instead my mind is still reeling over the titles: “Virgin” and then “Stud.”

How awesome is that?

Poison by Molly Cochran

Previous book(s) in series:
Legacy

poison Series: Legacy, Book 2

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Source: Wicked Scribes

Shera’s thoughts:

Love how the prep school feel is very much present, the casual pose of the girl—no the whole covers feel—makes my mind think of Nancy Drew.

2 comments:

Small Blonde Hippy said...

There are soooo many book covers with scantily clad men on the front. It puts me off. Cheesy covers make me think the writing will be cheesy as well. Shame because I'm probably missing some really good books!

ShadyLane said...

These covers are delicious!!! lol

http://thecrossbreeds.blogspot.com/