March 6, 2015

Cover Coveting(11)

 
Cover art is found from Wicked Scribes, ATUF, Goodreads, social networks, and other sources.
***All cover art may not be final.***

Just watched Big Hero 6. I really liked it. But I think I can safely say it should not have won out over How to Train Your Dragon 2. This is why I don’t really care about the Oscars. It’s fun to see the pretty dresses and see what movies win. But seeing what movies win make you realize how stupid it all is.

I’m done.

Let’s go look at some yummy covers!


Off the Page by Jodi Picoult and Samantah Van Leer

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


off-the-page Series: N/A 

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

Be still my heart!

The characters are coming out of the book! YES!!

However. (Yes, my infamous howevers.) Why is the title so . . . yuck. It’s tiny and really bad typography. The authors are huge.

Personally I don’t know who the authors are, so it’s not a selling point for me.

Persuasion by Martina Boone

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Persuasion Series: The Heir of Watson Island, book 2

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Paranormal Young Adult

Shera’s thoughts:

Oh, you know how I love it when a cover matches the series.

Anywho I love this couple silhouette. The design overlaying everything is awesome.

Slasher Girls & Monster Boys by many authors

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Slasher Girls and Monster Boys Series: Anthology

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Horror? Paranormal? Young Adult

Shera’s thoughts:

Oh, this cover is sooooooooo creepy. Points to simply winning the cover show again! (And kudos to vector art.)

Spinning Starlight by R.C. Lewis

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


spinning-starlight Series: N/A 

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Paranormal Young Adult

Shera’s thoughts:

Oh! Oh!!! Love it! Love it!! The astrology swan is so cool! And beautiful.

The Cold Light of Day by Kelly Gay

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


the-cold-light-of-day Series: Charlie Madigan, book 5

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Urban Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

I know, I know! I did a separate post about it! But I just need to show it off more!

But I was so afraid this series was going to get the axe.

The Dead Girls of Hysteria Hall by Katie Alender

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


the-dead-girls-of-hysteria-hall Series: N/A 

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Paranormal Young Adult 

Shera’s thoughts:

Oooo, a spooky dress cover. Love those ones! Looking forward to the next wave of ghost stories.

Oh, and I love that finally that spooky text goes well with a cover.

Soundless by Richelle Mead

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


soundless Series: N/A 

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

Yes! Yes!! Oh, I was really nervous about how—more correctly who—they were going to have on the cover.

Perfection. Absolute perfection. (Feels like I’ve gotten to use those to words lately.)

The Immortal Heights by Sherry Thomas

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


the-immortal-heights Series: The Elemental Trilogy, book 3

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

AT first glance this cover is pretty cool. Not as powerful as the previous two.

Then once my eyes adjust and focus, it just looks bad. The “monster” on this book is awkward. I love the idea of someone in the monster.

Just, this is the worst looking monster the series has sported on it’s cover.

The Return by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


the-return Series: Titan, book 1 

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Paranormal Young Adult

Shera’s thoughts:

Believe this is a cover for a different country. Germany? Not 100% sure on that.

I like this sooooooo much more than that awkward US one.
return
Yeah, that ain’t sexy.

Vengeance of the Demon by Diana Rowland

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


vengance-of-the-demon Series: Kara Gillian, book 7

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Urban Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

Only this series could make having a baby on the cover still look badass.

Each new cover makes me forget how bad the first two were.

Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


walk-on-earth-a-stranger Series: The Gold Seer Trilogy, book 1

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Paranormal Young Adult (Historical)

Shera’s thoughts:

I’m not sold completely on all the choices of the typography, but I do like how it’s part of the gold magic going on.

Very cool! It fits the book with her historical dress look and the gold theme. Though I wonder if she can just sense it or simply since it.

No comments: