October 21, 2016

Cover Coveting (10)

 
Cover art is found from Goodreads, Wicked Scribes, ATUF, social networks, and other sources.
***All cover art may not be final.***

All right, my computer has gotten all the latest Windows 10 updates. Right now it's touch and go. Hopefully were in a go state.

Let's look at the lovely covers.

(Phew, I just got done and it looks like the updates my have fixed it! There were some issues, but now it's working! Thank you!)


Buried Heart by Kate Elliott

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Buried Heart Series: Court of Five, book 3

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult High Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

My first thought was "they already did a red cover!" Than I immediately appreciated how well all of the covers fit together. Nothing makes me happier than matchy-matchy covers for a series.

Cold Reign by Faith Hunter

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Cold Reign Series: Jane Yellowrock, book 11

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Urban Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

A winter cover! Yeah! Honestly I'm waiting for all the long running Urban Fantasy series to do them now.

I do love the covers for this series. It still irks me how uncomfortable her poses look. This one does not look like a fighting stance.

Crimson Death by Laurell K. Hamilton

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Crimson Death Series: Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, book 25

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Paranormal Romance

Shera’s thoughts:

I'm always curious what style of cover is going to be released. This one feels like the ones I have for the books I have hard copies of.

I have to be honest the overlay pattern makes me think of a metal fence, and the way the tip ends on that blood dot is awkward.

Crystal Blade by Kathryn Purdie

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Crystal Blade  (Burning Glass #2) Series: Burning Glass, book 2 

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

Ah. Inademanet object cover done right! Fits the series well and this is so pretty to look at.

To me it looks like a crystal wand.

Dark Breaks the Dawn by Sara B. Larson

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Dark Breaks the Dawn  (Untitled Duology, #1) Series: Untitled Duology, book 2 

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult High Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

Swan crown, how cool. Though if I stare out it long enough it starts creeping me out.

Love that the crown is on the title.

Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Empress of a Thousand Skies Series: N/A 

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Science Fiction

Shera’s thoughts:

Simple and so petty to look at. 

I love how subtle the girl in the boon is. Fits perfectly.

Flame the Mist by Renee Ahdieh

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Flame in the Mist  (Flame in the Mist #1) Series: Flame in the Mist, book 1

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

This cover is everything! Absolute perfection. The flowers turning into throwing stars is sweet perfection.

Be still my heart.

Foxheart by Claire Legrand

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Foxheart Series: N/A 

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Middle Grade

Shera’s thoughts:

Sometimes I think that middle grade/independent covers are the best.

Mainly because I really love drawn artwork for covers. Plus, they have this gorgeous quality  to them.

Frostblood by Elly Blake

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Frostblood  (Frostblood Saga #1) Series: Frostblood Saga, book 1

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult High Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

"The Reign of Cie Must End"

Ooooooo, what a cool catch phrase.

I love how simple and lethal this cover is! The blood dripping out of the design.

The typography! Be still my heart.

Sweet. Sweet perfection.

Fury's Magic by Yasmine Galenorn

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Fury's Magic  (Fury Unbound #2) Series: Fury Unbound, book 2

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Urban Fantasy 

Shera’s thoughts:

Usually when an author goes self pub that means goodbye good looking covers.

So than you Yasmine Galenorn for always giving us wonderful covers!

I appreciate it and when I look at my bookcase her books are some of the prettiest to look at.

I know this one will be an ebook release at first, but I still greatly appreciate it.

No comments: