August 17, 2015

Cover Coveting (9)

 
Cover art is found from Wicked Scribes, ATUF, Goodreads, social networks, and other sources.
***All cover art may not be final.***

While around for some covers I hit up Epic Fantasy. I don’t know why I have such a hard time finding up coming covers for EF, but I do!


The Night Voice by Barb & J.C. Hendee

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


the night voice Series: The Noble Dead, book 14 (3, #5)

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Epic Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

I miss the cover art for the first 3 books of the series. But hey, that’s my thoughts every time a new cover comes out.

Anywho. This fits in nicely with the series and it’s OK. A huge step up from the last monstrosity . . that I never wanted to be reminded of again.

It just makes me miss real art on Epic Fantasy covers . . .

Assassin’s Heart by Sarah Ahiers

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Assassin's Heart Series: N/A 

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Epic Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

*_* It’s so pretty!!! I love how this cover has a texture with the red cloth and the medallion. Then there’s embers floating about and a city in the bottom.

Well done! You’d think it would feel cramped, but the cover design is balanced.

Bookishly Ever After by Isabel Bandeira

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Bookishly Ever After Series: N/A 

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Contemporary

Shera’s thoughts:

Normally I don’t post contemps, but the name of this book caught my attention. And then the cover came out.

Adore the “classic” feel of the cover. As I assume those will be influencing the story. The girl in the back is just the modern touch.

Lady Renegades by Rebel Belle

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


lady-renegades Series: Rebel Belle, book 3

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Historical

Shera’s thoughts:

It’s always fun figuring out how the knife comes into play with these covers. The last one was a miss.

However, I love these dressing evening gloves and the knife look perfect.

Night Study by Maria V. Snyder

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


night study Series: Soulfinders, book 2 (AKA Poison Study book)

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Epic Fantasy (Romantic Fantasy)

Shera’s thoughts:

Ah, be still my heart. I know this is photoshop work and stuff, but it looks enough like the beloved art style I don’t feel so sad. This isn’t as dramatic as the last cover, but still well done.

This is officially a Soulfinders book. The author calls it that, Amazon and Goodreads confirm. Yet the series plaque still states Poison Study. I let it pass since it still warms my heart that it’s a selling point. (But it’s still sloppy.)

Return Once More by Trisha Leigh

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


return once more Series: The Historians, book 1

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

Ooooooo, so pretty. I love how the girl is eclipsing the sun. Not to mention that the setting makes you think of ancient Egypt or something.

The Forbidden Orchid by Sharon Biggs Waller

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


The Forbidden Orchid Series: N/A 

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Historical

Shera’s thoughts:

Again another genre I don’t normally cover, but the cover captured my eye. Fantasy has been having a love affair with dresses. So when this one captured my eyes, I just adored it. Because from the style of the dress it immediately made me think of a historical.

Isn’t it amazing that just the style of a dress can say that?!

I also love the other aspects of this cover.

The Keeper of the Mist by Rachel Neumeier

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


the keeper of the mist Series: N/A 

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

I love it when cover artists try for something different. They rainbow smoke is pretty cool.

However, it’s clashing with the clock in the back.

In the end this doesn’t work. It tried to be simplistic but ended up being junky.

Wendy Darling by Colleen Oakes

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Wendy Darling Stars Series: N/A 

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult

Shera’s thoughts:

(Yeah, my mind jumped to a certain reviewer at first.)

I really like how the magic is making her fly but she’s clinging on to the window. I love the brightness, and the room.

However, what would have made this even more dramatic was if she was outside the house clutching the window seal as she was being magic away . . .

Oh, that watch is tacky.

No comments: