April 27, 2016

Cover Coveting (12)

 
Cover art is found from Goodreads, Wicked Scribes, ATUF, social networks, and other sources.
***All cover art may not be final.***

This is apparently my year of rereads and catch up. The problem is that I've waited so long between continuing series that it's been a good 4 or more years between readings. So I always feel a bit guilty for rereading when there's so many other books that I haven't read yet.

But I'm enjoying myself and actually reading books back to back for series. First with Sookie Stackhouse books and now the Black Dagger Brotherhood. With, wait for it, no burn out! Yeah!

I've been having issues with book burn out, or reader's block, but maybe I just needed to quit making myself feel like reading is a job. That I can read whatever whenever. My ARCs aren't getting done, but at least I'm enjoying reading.


A Very Jaguar Christmas by Terry Spear

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


A Very Jaguar Christmas Series: Heart of the Jaguar, book 4.5

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Paranormal Romance

Shera’s thoughts:

Fits the series.

Caraval by Stephanie Garber

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Caraval Series: Untitled, book 1

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult High Fantasy 

Shera’s thoughts:

I really love it. The gradient on the outline and the star having another more dramatic galaxy in it. Very cool.

Double Eclipse by Melissa de la Cruz

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Double Eclipse Series: Summer on the East End, book 2

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Paranormal Young Adult

Shera’s thoughts:

Fit the first book well. I feel like these cover could very easily be The CW posters for a TV show.

Invincible by Dawn Metcalf

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Invincible Series: The Twixt, book 4

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Paranormal Young Adult

Shera’s thoughts:

I like that it fits the series, but the style is different. Maybe it's assuring in the new style for the next three books.

To be honest I don't feel like it has the same magic as the previous three covers.

Midnight Hour by C.C. Hunter

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Midnight Hour Series: Shadow Falls: After Dark, book 4

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Paranormal Young Adult

Shera’s thoughts:

Pretty enough, it feels well with the series.

Moon Chosen by P.C. Cast

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Moon Chosen Series: Tales of a New World, book 1

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Paranormal Young Adult

Shera’s thoughts:

I don't like that dog head in the magical flames. It's . . . eck.

I do like what they were trying to do with it.

A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


sabaa tahir Series: An Ember in the Ashes, book 2

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult High Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

It's annoying that this is apparently the look they're sticking with. I really liked the ORIGINAL cover of the first book.

Apparently boring and flat is the name of the game.

Starfall by Melissa Landers

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Starfall melissa landers Series: Starflight, book 3

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Science Fiction

Shera’s thoughts:

Honestly I never thought I'd see a cover with light speed travel on it. Well done right. this looks so amazing.

Landers seems to be really blessed in the cover department.

The Brown Key by Holly Black, Cassandra Clare

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


The Bronze Key  (Magisterium #3) Series: Magisterium, book 3

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Middle Grade Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

I'm pretty positive this has to be a place holder. Because the title isn't present. Still I like the effort and decided to post it.

The Midnight Star by Marie Lu

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


The Midnight Star  (The Young Elites #3) Series: The Young Elites, book 3

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Dystopian

Shera’s thoughts:

Very pretty! It matches the series swell.

The Struggle by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


The Struggle Series: Titan, book 3 

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: N/A

Shera’s thoughts:

I think it's the same cover model so there's a plus.

Wayfarer by Alexandra Bracken

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Wayfarer  (Passenger #2) Series: Passenger, book 2

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Time Travel

Shera’s thoughts:

Man what a lovely cover. This series has an amazing artist/design team behind it.

Here's to the next book fixing the pacing issues.

No comments: