July 25, 2016

Cover Coveting (6)

 
Cover art is found from Goodreads, Wicked Scribes, ATUF, social networks, and other sources.
***All cover art may not be final.***

It's hot guys. I'm gonna cool down with some cool covers. (Lame I know, but I couldn't resist. It's really hot.)

So my Open Live Writer is finally working well! Yeah! So expect the regural week day posts to continue.

I've been cramming all the covers I find in one post on Monday, but for the ease of adding them I'm breaking up the covers this week to Monday and Friday. I know I don't have an official Cover Coveting day, so heads up!

Now let's look at some pretty covers.


A Crown of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


A Crown of Wishes  (The Star-Touched Queen #2) Series: The Star-Touched Queen, book 2

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

Holy book covers this is stunning!! Just when I think they've over done the whole dress covers—boom—a gorgeous cover comes out.

Guys, this cover is everything!

Black Souls by Nicole Castroman

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Blacksouls  (Blackhearts #2) Series: Blackhearts, book 2

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Historical

Shera’s thoughts:

This is cool. Nothing like the awesomeness of the first cover, but still very cool.

Yes, I know that the first cover would be really hard to beat.

Clanless by Jennifer Jenkins

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Clanless  (Nameless #2) Series: Nameless, book 2 

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Dystopian

Shera’s thoughts:

First off I love when vertical text is done so brilliantly!

Wow, this one is just as dramatic as the last one! So cool. Honestly I thought a white theme would have been really hard to make good. However, I think it's just all kinds of awesome. I like that the black theme of the first cover looks smooth. This one is rough!

Great concepts.

Legacy of the Demon by Diana Rowland

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Legacy of the Demon  (Kara Gillian #8) Series: Cara Gillian, book 8 

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Urban Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

*sighs* I love these cover. I adore them, no I practically worship. These are pretty much up there with the Mercy Thompson covers and other like it, where I just can't wait to see the artwork.

Heck when the series ends I'll mourn for the loss of more covers and story. That's how good they are.

Lifeblood by Gena Showalter

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Lifeblood  (Everlife #2) Series: Everlife, book 2

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Dystopian

Shera’s thoughts:

I love the the time glass themes of this series, I really can't wait to see what they'll do next!

The first one was like a dual world thing, and I love how the two worlds are now breaking out of the glass and the sand is seeping.

Rise of Fire by Sophie Jordan

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Rise of Fire  (Reign of Shadows #2) Series: Reign of Shadows, book 2

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy (AKA Fairytale Retelling)

Shera’s thoughts:

Oh, I loved the first cover for this series! I don't' think this one is as rich and in your face.

However, I love the typography again and that the cool tone of the cover. Especially since the title has the word "fire" in it.

I love that the first book is in full bloom and lush, and this cover is wilting and withering. Can't wait to see what book 3's cover is going to look like!

No comments: