March 2, 2017

Review: Mechanic

Mechanic (Breeders, book 2) by Alexa Riley

Mechanic  (Breeding #2)

Genre: Contemporary Erotica (Breeder genre)
Edition Reviewed: Ebook
Amazon: Paperback | Kindle
Goodreads: Mechanic (1)

Everything was fine until that innocent little rich girl walked into my garage. Since the second I laid my eyes on her, all I've wanted to do is get my dirty hands on her pure body.

There's one minor obstacle standing in my way, but I've got a plan. All I've got to do is claim her, and she’ll be mine forever.

Warning: This book is over-the-top, insta-love. There's nothing but steamy scenes, babies trying to be made, and an obsessed bearded alpha hero claiming a virgin who will be his forever. If you want it hot and dirty, this is it!
*whispers* There's a sweet smutty surprise at the end!


Review:

So I picked this one up to get the same giggles out of it as I did with Coach. I was also a bit curious. Sadly where I found the geek humor hilarious in Coach there wasn't too much I could laugh about here. In fact, I think the whole book took itself a little too seriously. This was a darker tale.

I did however find other things about the book funny. Such as her legs being called “stems”. Something about his penis smiling and other things. So . . . it was more because it was bad writing and horrible sexual descriptions.

There is a nice short story in the back for the other couple in this book, so that's nice. Though I have to wonder, yes the appeal is Breeders. BUT why do all the girls have to be virgins? -_- I get it, it's a genre onto itself. Yet, it always seems to be the way.

Anywho. Even for laughs I don't think I'll be reading the next book. It's going to be more awkward sex wording, breeder awkward stuff, and virgins. (Just watch the next one will have a girl who actually slept with one other guy.) Yeah, I think I'm out.

Content Warning: You guessed it sexual content.

  
1/5 - Couldn't finish it or wished I hadn't.


Previous book(s) in series:
Reviewed on BW: Amazon: Goodreads:
Coach (1)
Mechanic (2)
Thief (3)

Coach (1)
Mechanic (2)
Thief (3)

Coach (1)
Mechanic (2)
Thief (3)

No comments: