April 18, 2010

Sunday Sweets


This a fun meme hosted over at The Story Siren, In My Mailbox. Just check it out here.

The Host
The Host by Stephanie Meyer


The earth has been invaded by a species that take over the minds of their human hosts while leaving their bodies intact, and most of humanity has succumbed. But Melanie Stryder refuses to fade away. Wanderer, the invading "soul" who has been given Melanie's body, knew about the challenges of living inside a human: the overwhelming emotions, the too vivid memories. But there was one difficulty Wanderer didn't expect: the former tenant of her body refusing to relinquish possession of her mind. Melanie fills Wanderer's thoughts with visions of the man Melanie loves--Jared, a human who still lives in hiding. Unable to separate herself from her body's desires, Wanderer yearns for a man she's never met. As outside forces make Wanderer and Melanie unwilling allies, they set off to search for the man they both love.--From publisher description.

Didn't realize that the paperback edition of The Host was releasing this week, so I managed to get a hold of a copy!

On the preordering front, Wings is still waiting to be shipped out. Borders is still stating they won 't have it in tell June. So Overstock is still in the lead. They have 10 shipping days down, and five remaining to make the 3-15 day shipping.

Can't wait to see what everyone else got this week!

4 comments:

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

Enjoy the Host!!

Corrine said...

I have this one on my shelf to read as well. Not sure if I'll enjoy it though. I hope you do! Happy reading. :)

♫♥✿Chas @ LovLivLife Reviews✿♥♫ said...

I really liked The Host once the world was set in place!=)


I hope you get your books on time! I hate waiting!

Sarah said...

I have The Host on my TBR pile - I really must get around to reading it LOL. I hope you enjoy it & have a great week :o)