As promised I dug into Jin and Juice by Nicole Peeler! Just trying to get my hands on any information about her new series.
It’s clear the cover is lovely, and in Peeler’s official reveal post she asked fans if they knew the city. Well do you? I didn’t! To be honest I am not that great with skylines. New York and Seattle are about it for me. (Look below to find out which skyline it is!)
So I found the blurb!
Cursed to be a jinni for a thousand years, Leila nears the end of her servitude -- only to be bound once again against her will. Will she risk all to be human?
Born in ancient Persia, Leila turned to her house Jinni, Kouros, for help escaping an arranged marriage. Kouros did make it impossible for her to marry -- by cursing Leila to live a thousand years as a Jinni, herself.
If she can remain unBound, Leila's curse will soon be over. But Ozan Sawyer, a Magi with the ability to See, Call, and Bind jinn has other plans.
Oz needs Leila to help him penetrate Pittsburgh's steel-soaked magic, a juice potent but poisonous to supernatural creatures, in order to find a missing girl with her own mysterious connection to Kouros. Unfortunately for Leila, becoming Bound to Oz may risk more than just her chance to be human once more -- it could risk her very soul...
Jinn and Juice is the first in a new series by fantasy writer, Nicole Peeler, set in a world of immortal curses, powerful jinni and belly dancing.
Now after digging around further . . .
- It’s being published by Orbit with an expected publication of November 25th, 2014. And if you’re wondering, yes Orbit is her usual publisher.
- The skyline is Pittsburgh!
- The artist is Nathalia Suellen, the artist behind A. G. Howard books. Which I’m hoping to see more cover art by Suellen. The designer is Lauren Panepinto.
- The title Jinn and Juice is the original name that Peeler came up with, and she even admits that it is a throw back to the 90s.
- Quote from the author:
Because I turned in JINN AND JUICE last week (May 2nd 2014)! Which was very exciting. I can’t wait to show you the cover Orbit’s working on and share more with you about my new novel and its crazy, crazy people. There are jinn! And drag queens! and spider wraiths! And fodden! And PITTSBURGH! So basically it’s the other thing you’ve always wanted, besides Charlaine Harris introducing stories in your ear hole.
- Hachette UK is claiming that Jinn and Juice is “MaryJanice Davidson meets Charlaine Harris”.
- It is being classified as an Urban Fantasy. (To my relief as so many authors are jumping ship for Paranormal Romance or YA. Stay with Urban Fantasy my beloved UF writers! Stay!)
- Oh and here is Hachette UK’s alternate blub:
Leila's a little bitter. Then again, she has every right to be. Hundreds of years ago in Persia, she made a deal to escape her arranged marriage. But when the deal went south, Leila found herself transformed into a jinn - and bound to the very man she was desperate to escape.
Now, years later, Leila has escaped and is laying low, posing as a tarot reader with a reputation for helping those in need. But when a Magi finds her and binds her again, she must choose between serving him to help save a little girl or fighting for her freedom.
Yeah. You guessed it. That's all I could dig up. Which blub did you guys like better?
And don’t worry I’ll be on the prowl for more information on this series as it releases. Either way this series sounds amazing.