September 7, 2015

Cover Coveting (4)

 
Cover art is found from Wicked Scribes, ATUF, Goodreads, social networks, and other sources.
***All cover art may not be final.***

Wow, I am really scrapping the bottom of the bucket here. Just in number of covers, not in quality.


Counsel of the Wicked by Elizabeth A. Schechter

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Counsel of the Wicked Series: Rebel Mage, book 1

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

I adore this cover!! Ah! I love that his shadow is a griffin. The typography doesn’t fit the beautiful artwork 100%, but it is lovely.

Rise of the Wolf by Jennifer A. Nielsen

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Rise of the Wolf Series: Mark of the Thief, book 2

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

Inanimate object covers. I love them. This one is the perfect example of how to do it. A ring resting on the cement. Or is it a ring? It looks way to big on those cobble stones.

Great typography.

Lothaire by Kresley Cole

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


lothaire Series: Immortals After Dark, book 12

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Paranormal Romance

Shera’s thoughts:

This cover is so much like the original that it doesn’t really bother me that much. Actually it’s almost like a step up. But his red eyes don't really pop.

I believe this will be the new kindle cover/ebook. I wonder I they’ll switch all the paperback releases over to these. Personally I am getting pretty freaking tired of the cover shit storm they’re making for this series.

Between my love for the series dying out and the cover mess maybe I will finally quite. Maybe.

Shadow’s Claim by Kresley Cole

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


shadow's claim Series: The Dacians, book 1

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Paranormal Romance

Shera’s thoughts:

Oh. I may have made a few snide comments about the original cover, but at least it was way better then this one.

Ugh.

And really! Giving this book a makeover when it’s been the only one in the series for quite a while, and it will probably be the only book in its series for more years yet.

2 comments:

Lola said...

The cover for Council of the Wicked is so pretty! Definitely a cover that grabs your attention, with that pose and the griffin shadow and ncie use of colours.

Shera (Book Whispers) said...

+Lola R that's how I wish the art for most covers was done. It's so beautiful.