March 11, 2016

Cover Coveting (16)

 
Cover art is found from Wicked Scribes, ATUF, Goodreads, social networks, and other sources.
***All cover art may not be final.***

It's funny I didn't have any new covers! It's been super slow finding them. Then I clicked on one and—boom—suddenly I found more! Enough so that I've pushed back my review to next week.

I found so many covers that I'm going to break them up have for this Friday post and then a Monday post for next week for the other half.


A Darkly Beating Heart by Lindsay Smith

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


A Darkly Beating Heart Series: N/A 

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Tim Travel

Shera’s thoughts:

You know I think vampire when I see this cover. Still awesome though.

I really love the blurred affect on the type.

The red splatter outside of the circle and the cherry blossoms is just the right touch.

Fate of Flames by Sarah Raughley

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Fate of Flames  (Effigies #1) Series: Effigies, book 1

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Superhero

Shera’s thoughts:

All right I have been so jazzed for this book.

Thankfully the cover is pretty badass.

City scape done right.

Fear My Mortality by Everly Frost

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Fear My Mortality  (Mortal Eternity #1) Series: Mortal Eternity, book 1

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Sci-Fi

Shera’s thoughts:

Honestly I thought this was a fantasy. When I saw this cover I was like "Total Fantasy cover!"

But I just read the synopsis and it's a sci-fi. Sure it's going to find it's way on to some dystopian shelves as well.

Overall I like it. I'm assuming the cover is so dark because the girl is blending into the background.

Flashfall by Jenny Moyer

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Flashfall by Jenny Moyer Series: N/A 

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Sci-Fi

Shera’s thoughts:

Wowza! Love how awesome this cover is. The peek above the clouds!

I'm really starting to notice blur affects on the titles. I like them so far!

Frostblood by Elly Blake

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Frostblood  (Frostblood Saga #1) Series: Frostblood, book 1

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

Love how fierce this cover is! (Ha! I just noticed it had the word fierce on it!) (Oh, and steamy! Ha! Steamy, on a ice cover!)

Silliness aside I really love the ice look! Especially that icily spearing through the O.

Gamescape: Overworld by Emma Trevayne

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Gamescape Overworld  (The Nova Project #1) Series: The Nova Project, book 1

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Sci-Fi

Shera’s thoughts:

There's some awkward design, but I like what the design was going for. For the most part it worked.

Iron Cast by Destiny Soria

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Iron Cast Series: N/A 

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Historical Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

Love! Love! This cover. The fact that her skull pendant is the O is perfection! (The Os are being utilized!)

I love how perfect this cover is. Just enough of her hair and lips, but not enough to try and "define" the character's face. It can still be left up to the readers.

I love how the type matches the other items on the cover. It's perfect. Soothing to look at. Pleasing to the eye. Sometimes simple is all you need.

It Wasn't Always Like This by Joy Preble

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


It Wasn't Always Like This Series: N/A 

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Time Travel

Shera’s thoughts:

Really don't like this cover. I see what they were trying to do with the clock overlay.

But it just looks wrong with the head floating in the center.

Ithaca: A Novel of Homer's Odyssey by Patrick Dillon

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Ithaca A Novel of Homer's Odyssey Series: N/A 

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Greek Mythology

Shera’s thoughts:

I love Greek mythology. Nothing gets me in cover bliss faster than classic stylized Greek designs.

Journey's End by Rachel Hawkins

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Journey's End Series: N/A 

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Middle Grade

Shera’s thoughts:

This cover is so much fun! It just screams adventure. Strangely enough I do think of mysteries when I look at it.

Kingdom of Ash and Briars by Hannah West

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Kingdom of Ash and Briars Series: N/A 

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

Oh my book cover! This is sooooooooo gorgeous.

This cover has compelled me to read this no matter what. Because let's be honest we do judge.

I love the art style and her reflection in the white.

Mirror in the Sky by Aditi Khorana

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Mirror in the Sky Series: N/A 

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Sci-Fi

Shera’s thoughts:

Cool.

If they earth is up there . . . what are they standing on?

Never Ever by Sara Saedi

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Never Ever Series: N/A 

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy (Fairytale retelling)

Shera’s thoughts:

The title font is awesome!

However, I LOVE how they made the title into a sentence:

"She thought she'd NEVER EVER find love until a real life peter pan found her."

You know those little catch phrases they try to hook readers on.

Well played.

Nobody's Lady by Amy McNulty

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Nobody's Lady  (Never Veil #2) Series: Never Veil series, book 2

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

The clothing style feels different from the last cover, but you can still tell they're a series.

I am also loving the look of her hair. For some reason hair looks off on covers lately, but this looks so gorgeous and real.

Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Of Fire and Stars Series: N/A 

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

First off, the castle does not really fit the simple vector art style of the rest of the cover. It needs to be more simple.

The rest of this cover is perfect! They really glammed up title font fits surprisingly well. I love the flames and stars are actually on the cover, and well done.

Oh, and I love that both the girls are holding hands. It's not in your face about it being a lesbian love story, but it's there.

Rise by Jennifer Anne Davis

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Pageflex Persona [document: PRS0000040_00011] Series: The Order of the Krigers , book 1

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

When I saw this cover I immediately thought of Andrea Cremer's paranormal YA covers. Especially her Nightshade series. Heck there's even a book called rise. The big difference between them is that this background is pretty busy.

I don't like the super pout of the lead. These are people not models, and I don't like how she's purple hued.

No comments: