December 20, 2016

Review: Barbarian Lover

Barbarian Lover (Ice Planet Barbarians, book 3) by Ruby Dixon

barbarian lovers

Genre: Science Fiction Erotica
Edition Reviewed: Ebook
Amazon: Paperback | Kindle
Goodreads: Barbarian Lover (3)

As one of the few humans stranded on the ice planet, I should be happy that I have a new home. Human women are treasured here, and one alien in particular has made it clear that he wants me. It's hard to push away the sexy, flirtatious Aehako, when all I want to do is grab him by his horns and insist he take me to his furs.

But I've got a terrible secret - the aliens who abducted me are back, and thanks to the translator in my ear, they can find me. My presence here endangers everyone... but can I give up my new life and the man I want more than anything?


Review:

Aehako was such a cutie in the last book, and I thought it was adorable how he crushed on Kira. I had reservations about Kira cause she seemed so negative in the first two books. Well I didn't like her any better when I got in her head. She's one of the worry warts. Just waiting to reject everyone because “everything is doomed to end!” It's exhausting.

The saving point is that there is some great humor. A certain carving makes an appearance. You know the one Liz said Aehako should make!!!!!

While I don't like Kira I did enjoy that she basically kicks ass and saves everyone. She may whine and annoy the crap out of me, but girls got guts.

Even better is that we get to see the politics of the world. That the girls are nervous about what is going to happen being at the mercy of these aliens. Especially if maybe they don't want to be breeders, or can't. Or the fear that they have to have sex. I'm happy it's addressed.

I also like seeing the world expanding more. However, I was totally disappointed how quickly everyone was to write off this one girl as running away. First off she probably couldn't' survive on her own and wouldn't be that stupid. Secondly they would have to assume she's dumb enough to do that. Thirdly, they were so willing to judge and condemn. Pssssh. No one thought, maybe something dragged her off to eat? That bothered me.

If I was that girl I'd come back pissed and wanting revenge.

Either way this was a fun installment. It made me laugh, despite not liking Kira. Which saddens me as she really did end up kicking booty! I'm probably not going to be able to read these back to back. Sure there's world building and story, but they don't escape the curse of romance/erotica story formulas.

Content Warning: Totally adult and sexual content! Sex toys! Ha-ha. Graphic murder and mass murder! (The villains get what's theirs.) Some frank discussions about sex and what questionable things the girls may—or may not—have to do to survive.

 
1/5- I couldn't finish it or wish I hadn't.


Previous book(s) in series:
Reviewed on BW: Amazon: Goodreads:

Ice Planet Barbarians (1) 
Barbarian Alien (2)
Barbarian Lover (3)
Barbarian Mine (4)
Barbarian's Prize (5)
Barbarian's Mate (6)
Barbarian's Touch (7)
Barbarian's Taming (8)
Barbarian's Heart (9)
Barbarian's Hope (10)
Barbarian's Choice (11)

  

Ice Planet Barbarians (1) 
Barbarian Alien (2)
Barbarian Lover (3)
Barbarian Mine (4)
Barbarian's Prize (5)
Barbarian's Mate (6)
Barbarian's Touch (7)
Barbarian's Taming (8)
Barbarian's Heart (9)
Barbarian's Hope (10)
Barbarian's Choice (11

Ice Planet Barbarians (1) 
Barbarian Alien (2)
Barbarian Lover (3)
Barbarian Mine (4)
Barbarian's Prize (5)
Barbarian's Mate (6)
Barbarian's Touch (7)
Barbarian's Taming (8)
Barbarian's Heart (9)
Barbarian's Hope (10)
Barbarian's Choice (11)

No comments: