February 23, 2017

Cover Coveting (7)

 
Cover art is found from Goodreads, Wicked Scribes, ATUF, social networks, and other sources.
***All cover art may not be final.***

"From time to time, you cross my mind!"

I'm still currently on a huge drama binge. If you're a drama fan, can you guess what drama OST that's from? ^_-

Now let us look at some pretty covers. FYI I'm watching Keeping Up With the Jone's and I really like. So funny!


One Dark Throne by Kendare Blake

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


One Dark Throne  (Three Dark Crowns #2) Series: Three Dark Crowns, book 2

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult High Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

Throne covers are either badass and awesome, or tacky and cheap. This falls into the last. I was really hoping for something more.

Royal Bastards by Andrew Shvarts

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Royal Bastards Series: N/A 

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

Oh, dear. Another throne cover! However, I love the vector style of it.

I don't like the pairing of the type art. The typography is great though.

The Glass Spare by Lauren DeStefano

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


The Glass Spare  (The Glass Spare #1) Series: The Glass Spare, book 1

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

I love the idea, but hate the artwork.

The Hunt by Chloe Neill

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


The Hunt  (Devil's Isle #3) Series: Devil's Isle, book 3

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Urban Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

Oooooooo, I really love this cover! Fits the series well and I feel like the cover model's face is more natural.

Ruin of Angels by Max Gladstone

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


The Ruin of Angels  (Craft Sequence #6) Series: Craft Sequence, book 6

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Urban Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

This is such a different art style from the previous books. I love it, but I don't like the change away from the other style. (You know I'm stickler for consistency.)

I think the art style is changing because Gladstone is going self pub? I don't see a publisher in the spot.

The Traitor's Kiss by Erin Beaty

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


The Traitor's Kiss  (Traitor's Trilogy #1) Series: Traitor's Trilogy, book 1

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

I have a weakness for flower covers, and daggers. This is such a lovely cover.

I can smell the roses.

There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


There's Someone Inside Your House Series: N/A 

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Horror.

Shera’s thoughts:

For a book claiming to be the YA Scream I was expecting more. But I don't know what.

Like the simplicity of it. Bold choice.

No comments: