August 15, 2010

Sunday Sweets


This is just a fun meme, hosted by The Story Siren called In My Mailbox, to find new books and see what everyone got this week.

Phew, almost didn't get this one posted on time!

First up last week I did buy a book. Finally found the Historical Romance book I wanted that was set in the wild west. Courtesy of my local thrift store!
Notorious
Notorious by Patricia Potter

Now for this weeks goodies!! First up I saw a great deal at Walmart for the paperback copy of Hunger Games! 33% off, so now I can finally indulge and see what all the fuss is about.

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games, #1)


Now for an exciting event! My very first ARC was received this week. It's for Book 2 in the H and W Investigations series by the lovely Jess Haines. First off, I have to thank the Book Faery for hosting the giveaway and Haines for picking me for this awesome opportunity. My review for the first book should be up soon!!


Sorry, the stupid thing wouldn't flip!! So this is what an ARC looks like. It's kind of nice not having to worry about killing the cover. Honestly when I received the book, there was much happy dancing!!!

Hope you all have a great week.

3 comments:

Darlyn said...

I have not read the Hunger Games either. So i t makes two of us. Hope you'll enjoy =)

Shera (Book Whispers) said...

It's always so nerve racking when you've got a new author and series to try!! Love it!

Hope you get to try them out soon!

The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly Book Reviews said...

Congrats on your first ARC!! These all sound very good.
View my IMM here:
http://goodbaduglyreviews.blogspot.com/2010/10/imm-6-breast-cancer-awareness-addition.html