November 14, 2016

Cover Coveting ()

 
Cover art is found from Goodreads, Wicked Scribes, ATUF, social networks, and other sources.
***All cover art may not be final.***

I took last week off. Two of my chickens passed. One was a mercy kill and the other was 17 years old this year.

I took my 17 year old's death the hardest. We had gotten to a point where I had to take her out of the coop in the morning and tuck her in and night. Oddly enough I didn't mind doing it, even in the harsh winter. We depended on each other. It's always hard when something you've taken care of and loved that long suddenly isn't there anymore.

Anywho. So yeah, I didn't post last week.

Now let's look at pretty covers. That always cheers me up. 


Pitch Dark by Courtney Alameda

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


by Courtney Alameda by Courtney Alameda Series: N/A 

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Science Fiction

Shera’s thoughts:

At first the "space" aspects of this cover didn't really pot. it's subtle and I like it.

I feel like they should have gone total pop though. Like Treasure Planet pop.

This is okay though.

Down among the Sticks and Bones by Seanan McGuire

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Down Among the Sticks and Bones Series: Wayward Children, book 2

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Fantasy  

Shera’s thoughts:

Oh, I love the feel of this cover. It's so desolate and cold after the warmth and magic of the first book's cover.

It's so cool that it feels like the entire "world" is falling into/around the trunk.

Dragonsworn by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Dragonsworn Series: The Entire Dark-Huntersverse, book 34
Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Paranormal Romance

Shera’s thoughts:

I really liked how simple it was! I love orange and red together anyway.

Then I noticed the creeper in the flame. Floating heads. Still creepy.

In the Beginning by Georgia McBride

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


In the Beginning Dark Retellings of Biblical Tales Series: N/A 

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Anthology, Bible inspired shorts, Young Adult Paranormal

Shera’s thoughts:

Okay, so the whole snake thing is a huge thing with the bible it's the clear choice.

I really like that it was not paired with an apple. Instead it's like a rope around the clasped hands.

Lover's Knot by Karen Chance

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Lover's Knot  (Dorina Basarab 0.2) Series: Dorina Basarab, book 0.2 

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Urban Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

I really love the colors on the cover. I enjoy this trashed apartment looking out on the Eifel Tower, or maybe it's a Vegas fake?

Magic For Nothing by Seanan McGuire

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Magic for Nothing  (InCryptid #6) by Seanan McGuire Series: Incryptid, book 6

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Urban Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

Circus top fun! You know when ever I see this it makes me think of Robin.

Batman thoughts aside I like the feeling of motion. Fits the series well overall.

Nice Guys Bite by Jennifer Estep

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Nice Guys Bite Series: Elemental Assassin, book 15.5

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Urban Fantasy  

Shera’s thoughts:

I like that the shorts for this series get pretty cool covers. No they're not totally polished and perfect. But they're just shorts.

I really like seeing a male character on the cover, AND he's in a suit. Thank goodness.

One Fell Sweep by Ilona Andrews

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


One Fell Sweep Series: Innkeeper Chronicles, book 3 

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Urban Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

It's both lovely and awkward. I feel like the girl on the cover is different each time, but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be the same one each time.

It's also nice to see the Inn on the cover.

Pocket Full of Tinder by Jill Archer

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


Pocket Full of Tinder Series: Noon Onyx, book 4

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Fantasy

Shera’s thoughts:

The dragon is soooooo cute! However, nothing annoys me more than a cover art change mid series. Especially one that has had amazing covers! (Book one's cover is till my fave though. It's such a looker.)

The woman looks super off and it's not just her face. What the crap is up with her waist line and boobs? No.

The Dark Days: Pact by Alison Goodman

Previous book(s) in series:

Goodreads | Amazon


The Dark Days Pact  (Lady Helen #2) by Alison Goodman Series: Lady Helen, book 2

Add it: Goodreads | Amazon
Genre: Young Adult Paranormal  

Shera’s thoughts:

So I hate cover art changes.

I like that she's all woman up in proper men's attire.

Sigh. I just really love the cover of the first book. The colors and overall amateurish.

No comments: