September 18, 2010

Sunday Sweets and a Review Note


I get to show of my goodies for the week! Sunday Sweets I also like to tell you where I found them, what kind of deals are up for grabs. Occasionally I'll even try a different method of buying books to see if it's faster and cheaper somewhere else. (This post also follows The Story Sirens' weekly meme, In My Mailbox.)
At the moment I'm a poor college student so you might not see this post every Sunday. If it's not there, that means the book gods have frowned upon me.
Got some awesome goodies this week. All purchased with Border 33% coupons, gotta love the coupons.
The Darkest Edge of Dawn (Charlie Madigan, #2)
After reading The Better Part of Darkness, and loving every bit of it, I decided there was know way I couldn’t get it.  For my review of the 1st book, click here.
Mind Games (The Disillusionists Trilogy, #1)
After many great reviews about Mind Games, I couldn’t talk myself out of getting this one.
 Lord of the Changing Winds
This was one of those books.  I was searching for a different book, when suddenly my eyes were drawn to the cover.  It was love at first sight. I didn’t bother reading the description on the back.  After reading the first couple of pages there was no turning back.  Safe to say I’ll be reading this one right after Thurman’s Nightlife.
Review Note:
On another note, I’ll be reviewing some books that I’ve read before 2010.  I said I eventually would.  Don’t worry about me not being able to give fair reviews to books I read that long ago.  Most of them have been reread numerous times by myself.  Plus I have a great memory for books.  I may not recall where I’ve left my keys, but by gosh I remember what I read.
I just thought it would be better to have the reviews for the first books before I read and review books later on in the series.  If I don’t recall much about a particular book I won’t review it until after a good reread.
However, I’ll still keep up with my current reviews as well.

No comments: