- Lacks plot a majority of the time and focuses on the couple.
- High amounts of explicate sex scenes.
- The couples get a happy ending.
- Takes more focus on one character and world building.
- Sex scenes are rare, and usually not detailed too much.
- Happy endings are not guaranteed, and most relationships unresolved.
I completely agree, Shera. Look at the BDB series for instance. I know I'm gonna get some crap for this but every single woman heroine in that series has little to no backbone & the one woman who DOES take care of her business is portrayed as masculine to the extreme. I like the series but I hate the message it seems to be giving that you can't be a strong, independent woman & still keep your femininity.