September 15, 2010

Wednesday Wishes


Hunting for books is one of my favorite things. Finding a new title is my equevliant of "getting rich." Whether the titles been around for a while, brand spanking new, or just not that common Wednesday Wishes is here for me to share them with you.

Blood Spells (Final Prophecy, #5)
Blood Spells (Final Prophecy #5) by Jessica Andersen
Mayan lore and modern science warn that 12/21/2012 will bring a global cataclysm. Dark forces stand poised to crush mankind. The only hope rests with a secret group of modern magic-wielders called the Nightkeepers. But as Patience White-Eagle and her husband, Brandt, team up as a mated warrior pair, they will face a deadly threat that will test their powers-and their love...
Wow! I love the fact that there's a woman on this book. It's just been one shirtless guy after the next!  It feels like when your in the car and you stick your head out the window to watch the lines go by. By the time you get your head back up to look at the scenery you're thinking to yourself, "Thank god! A tree!"
The Fixer (Lawson the Fixer, book 1)
The Fixer (Lawson the Fixer, book 1) by Jon F. Merz
Meet Lawson: vampire by birth, Fixer by trade. His mission: preserve the secret existence of vampires by any means necessary. There's just one problem - his oldest enemy Cosgrove is back, killing humans and threatening to unleash an ancient unholy evil. Can Lawson stop Cosgrove and still adhere to the very laws he protects by not falling in love with a beautiful human assassin named Talya?
Just found out about this series, and may I say I am really excited!  I remember when it was so hard to find female writers in fantasy, especially with strong female leads.   Now, in UF it's hard to find male authors, and male leads!

Heads up everyone! Friday is my big debut for my NEW feature Lips Don't Lie. Everything is going smoothly and I've got some good gossip!  So don't miss it.


No comments: