May 2, 2011

Author Gossip(4) and Cover Coveting(3)

As a reader I always want the download on what's going on with authors. Do they have new books coming out, how the latest tour going, any thing juicy! So, I decided to bring the news to my readers. I'm lurking around all of those author blogs anyway, might as well do something productive.


Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, Book 4)F

ans are all a buzz with Chloe Neill's latest release, Hard Bitten. It's the fourth book in the Chicagoland Vampire books. I'm one of those buzzing fans and I decided to share the tidbit that the author has decided to post on her blog to tease us.

Personally I think this is the best Merit quote to personify are food loving fanged friend.

Sometimes a girl needed breakfast that didn’t involve flax or wheatgrass or organic-free-range-cruelty-free whole grains. Besides, we were the only beings alive who could eat processed sugar and carbs with impunity, why not go for it, right? Author’s Post

Visions of Magic: An Awakening NovelC

ool book T-shirts are a bit of an obsession of mine. Seeing some kind of inside joke to a fun series always makes my day. If Regan Hastings is doing a giveaway, if her facebook page gets 800 likes then she will be giving away this wicked cool T-shirt that you see below.  Go try and get one more like in before the goody is gone!!

savethewitches

AshI

've been hearing a lot of mixed feelings about Ash by Malinda Lo.  Some fans are not happy about the Cinderella retelling has our Cinder Soot falling in love with a fellow female.  Lo’s next book, Huntress, also has a another girl falling in love with another girl.  Fans have been angry or happy, and others just not really caring.  The author has a really good post Taking the homophobia out of fantasy.  Here’s just a bit of a preview of what the post has in it.  Personally I really enjoy it and I’m actually looking forward to reading some of her work. 

In my two young adult fantasy novels, Ash and Huntress, the main characters are girls who fall in love with other girls. I admit there’s something different about the love stories told in my books, but it’s not that they’re gay love stories.

The difference is: in the world of my novels, being gay doesn’t matter.

What that means is that the characters are able to fall in love without dealing with homophobia. They don’t have to come out, because sexual orientation is never assumed in their worlds, and falling in love with someone of the same sex is seen as perfectly natural. Read the rest at the authors blog.

Kiss of Snow (Psy/Changeling) S ingh has definitely become an author to watch out for. So if you're a fan and you've been watching her blog you know she's been giving us poor fans little tidbits of Kiss of Snow (Psy/Changeling). The final tidbit is out and I think it's my favorite so far. So for those of you who haven't been checking them out, I've decided to be kind and share a little love.

Excerpt from Kiss of Snow

[Sienna] “Do you like my top?”
“Is that what it is?”
“Latest style,” she assured him, ignoring the silky menace of his response. “Laces up the side, so it’s easier to take off.”
His hands clenched on the steering wheel as he headed up into the mountains.
“And the boots.” She lifted one leg up to the dash, stroked her hand over her thigh. “They make me—”
The car shuddered to a halt near the perimeter of den territory. 
Copyright (c) 2011 by Nalini Singh

Not all cover art is final!


Trance by Kelly Meding

Source:  Author’s Blog

Shera’s Thoughts:  The cool glowing powers in her hand and the blowing hair is really cool.  The L.A. background works great with the art style.  Quite a lot like Persephone Alcmedi covers.  I just love the covers.

 trancecover

Author’s Thoughts:

I saw this cover a few weeks ago, but now have a final version to show off. TRANCE is the first in my (what I'm currently referring to as) MetaWars series from Pocket, due October 25, 2011. I really love this cover--from the L.A. setting (palm trees!), to Trance's hair and powers.
Enjoy!

Persephone Alcmedi Books:

Vicious Circle (Persephone Alcmedi, Book 1)Hallowed Circle (Persephone Alcmedi, Book 2)Fatal Circle (Persephone Alcmedi, Book 3)Arcane Circle (Persephone Alcmedi, Book 4)

Twisted by Gena Showwalter

Source:  Gena Showalter's Blog

Shera’s Thoughts:  This is pretty cool.  They lightning is wicked and the guys expression gives me geese!  However, I like all of the candid shots on the previous two covers.   Plus, I’m way picky about couples being on covers.  The whole damsel look and the way she clings to him pisses me off.  What can I say, I like girls who don’t look like they need their mommies.

 Twistedfrontcover

Author’s Thoughts:

I have to say, this is my absolute favorite of the three!! (I've even made it the background picture on my phone :)

Previous Books:

Intertwined (Harlequin Teen)Unraveled (Harlequin Teen)

Timeless by Gail Carriger

Source:  Wicked Scribes 

Shera’s Thoughts:  O’sugar-honey-ice-tea. They keep getting uglier.  She’s a pail Snow White zombie sniff’in the ruins of Egypt.  Some one shoot the design team for me!

 timeless

Author’s Thoughts: N/A

Previous Books:

Soulless (The Parasol Protectorate)Blameless (The Parasol Protectorate)Changeless (The Parasol Protectorate)Heartless (The Parasol Protectorate)

No comments: